What to do this long weekend in Adelaide??
Here are some of my suggestions for you to do this long weekend that isn’t going to break the budget!!! Adelaide is in the full swing of Mad March but it doesn’t mean that you need to be spending hundreds of dollars each week.
At the moment the weather looks to be in the mid 20’s with a slight chance of rain but that’s no worries.
- Go for a walk along the river there are multiple sections that you can visit and they are all just beautiful! That’s one of my favorite things to do!
- Have a picnic along the river, there are some great spots for picnics – if you have kids there is a great playground at St Peters with the really long slippery dip
- On Monday night…take a walk around the river near Adelaide Oval – you might happen to hear Adele!
- Royal Croquet Club is great for people watching, or just listening to some tunes! Its on Pinky Flat (opposite the Convention Centre on the river) Its free entry before 10:00pm – there after its $10. All the details are here: https://royalcroquetclub.com.au/adelaide-2017/
- Take a picnic to the beach, grab a ball and have a game amongst friends!!
- Have a walk along the beach
- There is an awesome walk between Marino and Hallet Cove that takes you through some boardwalks with some breath taking views
- Awesome for a walk or there are plenty of places to have a seat and just chill.
- Great place again for a picnic
- There is an awesome section that kids would just love playing amongst the plants!!
- City Botanic Gardens – Open from 9:00am to 6:30pm
- Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens – Open from 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Rundle Mall is open between 11:00am and 5:00pm – just make sure you watch your spending!
- Try finding a free park and walk in, or catch public transport!
- Garden of Unearthly Delights – Free entry, great to people watch and they do have a wonder of things to see!!! You can even sometimes get some cheap last minute tickets to some of the fringe shows More details on it here: https://www.gardenofunearthlydelights.com.au
If you do go to somewhere where there are paid items my tips are:
- Set a budget to what you will spend – and stick to it
- Take cash only so once its gone you can’t spend anything else
- Take what you can yourself – drinks and food